In short, no you don't have to be the registered owner of the car to insure it.

However, you do need to be an ‘insurable interest’ which means that you have a strong reason for having cover.  Some examples include:

  • It’s your partner’s car
  • There is a lease in your name

If you're not sure, get in touch with a member of the team and we'll be happy to help.