We are Marshmallow Financial Services Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Marshmallow.
We’re registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA295898.
We’re authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number: 797672
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information please chat with us through marshmallow.com, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at 14 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8HN.
- Information that you submit through www.marshmallow.com when we are arranging and administrating insurance policies.
For example when you provide information to us such as your name, address, and registration plate.
There may be times where you give us sensitive information such as your biometric data. We will only use this in strict accordance with the law.
- Information that your browser sends us when you visit our site.
This may include your IP address, browser type, browser version, pages that you visit on our site, the time you spent on those pages and other statistics.
Information from any social network or online account that you share with us.
- Information from any social network or online account that you share with us.
To provide our service we use it to:
- Make responsible financial decisions, like offering you an insurance product.
- Track, analyse and improve the services we provide you and other customers.
- Market and communicate our products and services and those of affiliated partners where we think these will be of interest to you. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to, by email.
- Search your record at credit reference agencies (this is a ‘soft search’ and shouldn’t impact your credit score).
- Search your record at No Claims Bonus databases and Claims databases.
- Search your record at fraud prevention agencies.
To meet our legal obligations. We use it to:
- Prevent illegal activities such as fraud and money laundering
With your permission. We use it to:
- Market and communicate our products and services and those of affiliated partners where we think these will be of interest to you by email. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to, by clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email.
We may share your personal information with:
- Mulsanne Insurance and Key Claims for the purpose of provisioning and administrating your insurance policy.
- Anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job
- Analytical, Know Your Customer (KYC) and cyber security providers.
- Fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If Fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found here.
- Third parties that carry out advertising services for us (but we won't share identifiable personal data with these third parties for their own marketing unless you give us permission, and you can opt out)
- Credit reference agencies (for information on how they use data please read the Credit Reference Agency Information Notice)
- Customer 'interface' providers (like the ones who manage our sites chat service)
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with
We'll also share it to comply with the law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
We will only hold your information for as long as necessary to administer the policy, manage our business or in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. This will be in line with our data retention policy.
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
- Make us correct inaccurate data.
- Ask us to delete, 'block' or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
- Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‘legitimate interests’, research and statistical reasons.
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us.
To do so, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- We won’t share identifiable personal data with third parties for their direct marketing unless you give us permission.
- We will only keep your personal information for only as long as we need to. We’ll then delete it securely and safely.
If you wish to block cookies you can do this in your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, just search ‘how to block cookies’.
Any material changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, if appropriate, sent to you by email.