In short, no you don't have to be the registered owner of the vehicle to insure it! However, you do need to be an ‘insurable interest,’ so one of the following must apply:

  • Your spouse is the owner and registered keeper of the vehicle and you both live at the same address.
  • Or, you have a fixed lease in your name - we only offer year-long contracts so our this means you must be leasing the vehicle for a minimum of 12 months.

There are a few other circumstances which we can also allow for some customers, but please do get in touch before purchasing to check this with a member of the team. We'll be happy to help!