We work very hard to provide the best service and product possible. However, if you're unhappy with us, you have the right to complain.
To submit your formal complaint, please email us on email@example.com. Please explain what your complaint is about, and what your ideal resolution would be.
The complaint will be investigated by our management, and we'll get back to you within 28 days.
More information about making a complaint
- What's a complaint?
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which means we have a set of rules to follow to ensure we treat our customers fairly.
As one of our customers, you have the right to express your dissatisfaction about our product or services. We as a company need to investigate your complaint and communicate our results to you within a set timeframe.
Feel free to visit the FCA website for more details about the complaints process.
- How to make a complaint with Marshmallow?
If you would like to make a formal complaint about our services or product, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your full name and policy number
- The details of your complaint
- The ideal resolution
- When will I hear back from you?
Below is the timeline determined by the Financial Conduct Authority to deal with a complaint:
- Within 5 days - We will send an email acknowledging we've received your complaint. If the nature of your complaint is unclear, we may call you or write to you to ask for more details.
- Within 4 weeks - We will email you to let you know when we'll be able to provide a final response, or if we need more time to investigate your complaint.
- Within 8 weeks - We should usually provide a final response. If it isn't the case, we'd explain the reasons behind the delays, and let you know when we'll be able to provide a final response.
- What if I'm dissatisfied with the outcome of my complaint?
Our final response will explain the outcome of our investigation, and will be our final decision on the issues raised. You'll still have the following options:
If you have an additional complaint, which wasn't mentioned in your first complaint email, please let us know. We'll investigate the new complaint.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of the investigation, or the way your complaint was handled, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You have 6 months to do so from the date of our final response.
Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
The Financial Ombudsman Service offers a free independent service and they can help with most financial complaints. For further information, feel free to visit their website. You can contact them:
- By post
The Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
- Over the phone
- Tel: 08000 234 567. Free for people phoning from a "fixed line" (for example, a landline at home).
- Or: 0300 123 9 123. Free for mobile-phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02.
- Email: email@example.com
Contact the Online Dispute Resolution service
If you bought one of our products online, you can also refer your complaint to the European Online Dispute Resolution platform.
This service passes on your details to the most appropriate dispute resolution service for the product you’ve bought. For insurance products this is likely to be the Financial Ombudsman Service.