You can pay for your insurance in one of two ways:
- Annually - pay for your whole premium in one go.
For this method, you'll be able to use a UK registered debit or credit card.
- Monthly - pay for your premium every month over the year.
For this method, you'll be able to use a UK registered debit or credit card for the 15% upfront payment, and the remaining 85% will be paid via direct debit from a bank account.
You can choose whether you would like to pay annually or monthly when you get your quote with us.
All upfront payments must be made using a UK registered card.
More information about paying annually
- When do I have to pay if I choose to pay in one go?
If you choose to pay annually, you'll be required to pay for your full premium in one go. You'll be taken to the payment page after you click Continue to buy. If your policy start date is in the future, you would pay your whole premium for the year on the day you buy your policy, not the day your policy starts.
- This payment must be taken from a UK card.
More information about paying monthly
- How does it work?
If you choose to pay monthly, you will make a payment of 15% of your whole premium when you buy your policy. This must be taken from a UK registered card.
Then, we will create a payment plan for you with our payment partner PremFina to pay the remaining 85% over the rest of the year.
- When will I pay my first monthly payment?
30 days after your policy start date. If your policy start date is the 1st January, you will pay 15% of your premium on 1st January and then your first monthly payment will be due on the 31st January.
- Why is the monthly price slightly higher?
The monthly plan costs a little bit more due to the APR (Annualised Percentage Rate). Sadly this is inevitable, as your monthly payment plan is a form of credit. But it is ideal to avoid paying the whole premium in one go!
- Does the monthly payment plan incur any additional checks?
Yes it does. Your monthly payment plan is a form of credit, so our financing partners will run a credit check to be aware of your credit history.
Please be aware that this check can leave a negative footprint on your profile if failed.
- Can I be refused a monthly payment plan?
Unfortunately, it does happen sometimes. If our financing partners refuse to give you a credit, there is nothing we can do to override their decision. But they're an independent company, so it doesn't mean we won't be able to insure you!
In this situation, we would give you the option to pay your premium in full, or cancel your policy with us.