You can now add a driver to your policy directly from your Marshmallow account! 👭
Simply log in to your account, select 'Add a driver', then enter your driver's details and the date & time you'd like them to be insured by. We'll show you how the change will impact your annual premium before processing it.
Don't have an account? Click here to create yours.
️⬇️Want more information? Look below:⬇️
🚨Some things to remember:
- We need the driver's full name for the insurance to be valid, so we can't accept nicknames.
- We might check your additional driver's licence to verify who we'll be insuring.
- Please get in touch with us via our live chats if your driver:
- Is not a UK resident
- Has a medical condition that could impact their driving
- Had any motor-related claims or convictions within the past 5 years
- Had insurance previously cancelled or voided by their insurer
👋 A step-by-step guide
- Login to your Marshmallow account.
- Select 'Add a driver'
- Enter the following details about your additional driver:
- Their full name
- The country and date of their first licence
- Their date of birth
- Their relationship to you
- Their occupation
- The industry they work in
- We'll ask you to confirm several statements about your driver.
Please make sure they apply to your driver before going ahead, as your cover may be invalidated otherwise!
- Select the date and time you'd like the change to be effective.
- You'll be presented with a premium change. It can be an increase or a decrease to your annual premium.
- If you're happy with your new price, click 'Pay now'. You'll be redirected to a secure payment page where you can pay using all major credit & debit cards.
- Once the payment has been processed successfully, you'll be sent a confirmation email containing your updated policy documents.
In some cases, your account will re-direct you to our friendly Customer Service team. Don’t worry, we might simply process the change manually!
💸 Do you charge any admin fees?
No, there are no admin fees to add a driver to your policy 😊
However, your premium will be re-calculated to take their details into account. We may be able to make the change at no extra cost, but your premium can also increase or decrease.
The premium change will depend on your driver's experience and age, in association with the vehicle and main driver's details.
⏰ Do you offer temporary cover?
No, we can't offer temporary cover, even for additional drivers. That means your driver will be added for the rest of your policy.
If your additional driver needs insurance for a significant amount of time (1 month+), we'd be able to add your driver, then remove them when you get in touch again. Please note the premium change will always be calculated on the rest of the year.
🌏 Can you cover everyone?
We're working on increasing the number of drivers we can cover, but sadly in some situations we won't be able to start insuring your additional driver.
This is often caused by combinations of factors, such as your driver's age and the car you're driving, or their driving experience associated with your own details.
❔Still having troubles adding a driver to your policy?
Feel free to visit our live chats. Our bot, Marshall, will ask you a few questions to point you in the right direction.
Simply follow the link below, and click "I have a question":
For any other changes, feel free to read our article here about updating details on your policy.