You can add a driver to your policy straight from the Marshmallow app.
- Open the app and tap your policy
- Tap Manage at the top of the screen
- Scroll down to Additional Drivers
- Tap Edit
- Follow the instructions to add a driver to your policy.
You can also add a drive through your web-based Marshmallow account:
- Log into your account from the Marshmallow website
- Go to Edit policy
- Go to Add driver
- Follow the instructions to add a driver to your policy
📌 Things to remember
We need the driver's full name for the insurance to be valid. No nicknames, please!
We may need to check the driver's licence to verify their identity.
Get in touch with us on live chat if the driver:
- Is not a UK resident (Please note, we cannot insure non-UK residents).
- Has a medical condition that could impact their driving.
- Has any motor-related claims or convictions from the past 5 years.
- Has ever had their insurance cancelled or voided by their insurer.
Sometimes, we’ll redirect you to our Customer Happiness team. Don’t worry, one of our friendly agents will then look into adding the driver for you
We’re not able to insure everyone just yet. If you can’t get cover for your driver, it could be down to their age, their driving history or the type of car you drive.
Do you offer temporary cover?
No, we can't offer temporary cover, even for additional drivers. That means your driver will be added for the rest of your policy. If your additional driver needs insurance for a significant amount of time (1 month+), we'd be able to add your driver, then remove them when you get in touch again. Please note the premium change will always be calculated on the rest of the year.
Will it cost me anything?
If you are a Marshmallow Lightest or Essential customer, you will be charged a £25 admin fee to add a driver to your policy.
Also, when you make a change to your policy, there’s always a chance it might affect the amount you pay overall. In this case, we have to recalculate your premium and take your additional driver’s details into account. So your premium could go up or down.