- We accept No Claims Discount proofs and all their foreign equivalent
- It should be an official document containing your name, period of cover, No Claims Discount or Bonus-Malus score, and contact details for your previous insurer
- The document doesn't need to be translated to English
- We might ask you to prove previous covers if your No Claims Discount is spread over several covers
⬇️Want more information? Look below: ⬇️
1. What is No Claims Discount?
We do our best to keep premiums as low as possible for foreign drivers, which is why we take into account your foreign driving experience.
No Claims Discount is the system used in the UK to reward claim-free driving. How it works is drivers earn 1 year NCD at the end of each year they drive without making a claim. No Claims Discount are often associated with a discount on your car insurance, as good drivers are considered less risky, as less likely to start driving recklessly.
If you'd like to learn more about NCD, you can read our article here!
2. What document should I provide to prove my No Claims Discount?
Many of our customers send in the renewal notice from their existing insurer. It should contain:
- Your name
- The period of cover
- Your No Claims Discount score (or any foreign equivalent)
- The summary of claims
- The contact details of your previous insurer including the telephone number, email address, fax number and postal address.
3. How should I send you my proof of No Claims Discount?
All you need to do is take a photo/scan of your document and upload it to your customer account.
Our team will review your documents, and get back to you if we need further proof.
4. What happens if I can't prove my No Claims Discount?
We're trying to be as flexible as possible on No Claims Bonus, as we know it can be difficult to get the appropriate proof from foreign insurers. If you feel like you'd need more time to get your NCD proof, simply talk to us! Our friendly team will be happy to go through your options with you.
If you're unable to prove your NCD, we'll have no choice but to remove the discount associated, and your premium will go up. We would always let you know by email before we process any payments or premium changes.
If you then receive the appropriate proof, then we would decrease your premium accordingly!
5. What happens if I can prove more No Claims Discount years than originally quoted?
We love cautious customers, and would be happy to increase your discount if you can prove more NCD years than declared at sign up!