Once your policy is created, you will be emailed 6 documents. Each document contains essential information about your Marshmallow policy - please read these carefully!
The documents you will receive are:
- Certificate of Motor Insurance (motor-insurance-certificate.pdf)
- Motor Insurance Schedule (motor-insurance-schedule.pdf)
- Policy Wording (motor-insurance-policy-wording.pdf)
- Summary of Cover (summary-of-cover.pdf)
- Motor Insurance IPID (motor-insurance-ipid.pdf)
- Terms of Business Agreement (business-agreement-terms.pdf)
Certificate of Motor Insurance: This is the most important document! Your Certificate is proof that you have car insurance. The Certificate shows:
- Your policy number
- Marshmallow's name and address
- Your vehicle registration
- Your name (and the name(s) of any additional driver(s))
- The start date and end date of your policy
- Your class of use (read more about 'class of use' here)
- If you are insured to drive other cars than your own
If the police stop you and ask for proof of insurance, this is the document you need to show them. You can present either a digital or printed version of your Certificate.
Motor Insurance Schedule: This document contains similar information to your Certificate, and also tells you important information such as:
- Your level of cover (all Marshmallow policies offer 'Comprehensive' cover)
- Your add-ons (e.g. Breakdown Cover, Legal Expenses)
- Your total excess
- Your estimated annual mileage
- Your total price, including any additional costs and/or discounts
If any information on your Schedule is incorrect, please contact us and we can amend this for you.
Policy Wording: This document shows all the information on our policies. The Policy Wording is the longest document you will receive from us and is the most important one to read. The sections which will apply to you depends on the information shown on your Schedule. Generally, the Policy Wording provides detailed information on subjects as:
- What you are insured for
- What you are not insured for
- Loss or damage
- Fire & theft
- Personal accidents
- Personal belongings
- Medical expenses
- Glass damage
- Driving abroad
- Data protection & how your information is used/shared
Summary of Cover: This document explains the sections of the Policy Wording in greater detail - if you are having trouble understanding a part of your Policy Wording, it may help to consult the Summary of Cover.
Motor Insurance IPID: IPID stands for Insurance Product Information Document. The IPID provides clear answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- What is insured?
- What is not insured?
- Are there any restrictions on cover?
- Which countries am I covered to drive in?
- What are my obligations as a customer?
- When and how do I pay?
- When does the cover start and end?
- How do I cancel the policy?
Terms of Business Agreement: This document outlines the agreement made between you and Marshmallow - please read this carefully. The Terms of Business Agreement contains important information on:
- Cancellations (either by us or you)
- Confidentiality & data protection
- Providing accurate information to us
- How to make a complaint
Please note: If you have purchased add-ons such as Breakdown Cover or Legal Expenses, you will also be sent policy documents from our third-party providers (AXA for Breakdown Cover, Lawshield for Legal Expenses). For each add-on, you will be sent a Policy Schedule, a Policy Wording, and an IPID. Please also read these documents carefully.
If you have any questions about the information in any of these documents, or are having trouble understanding any words or language, contact our friendly team - we're happy to help!