You need to report an incident to the police in the event of the following:

  • Your car is stolen
  • Your car has been broken into
  • Your car has been maliciously damaged
  • Someone has been injured as a result of an incident 
  • You feel that something illegal has happened

If your claim is due to theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism, you must notify the police and also obtain a crime report number