An excess is how much you pay towards a claim. If you make a claim, you will have to cover some of the cost of the claim.
It’s made up of your compulsory/required excess, (typically £350), and any voluntary excess you added.
Want more information? Look below:
- An excess is the amount you pay towards a claim.
- It’s made up of 2 parts - your compulsory excess, (typically £350), and any voluntary excess you added. (The voluntary excess you choose will impact your price.)
- Compulsory Excess - £350
- Voluntary Excess - £100
- Total Excess - £450
- If you had a claim, you would pay your total excess, and we’d pay everything else. Here are 2 typical examples:
- If your car was repaired you’d be asked to pay your excess when picking it up. (Marshmallow will pay the rest of the cost.)
- If your car was stolen and not recovered, or damaged beyond repair, we would deduce the excess from the money we give you to replace the car.