An excess is how much you pay towards a claim. If you make a claim, you will have to cover some of the cost of the claim. Read the article here to find out what the excess on your policy is.
It’s made up of your compulsory excess, and any voluntary excess you added.
More information about excess
- An excess is the amount you pay towards a claim.
- It’s made up of 2 parts - your compulsory excess, and any voluntary excess you added. (The voluntary excess you choose will impact your price.)
- Compulsory Excess - £350
- Voluntary Excess - £100
- Total Excess - £450
- If you had a claim, you would pay your total excess, and we’d pay everything else. Here are 2 typical examples:
- If your car was repaired you’d be asked to pay your excess when picking it up. (Marshmallow will pay the rest of the cost.)
- If your car was stolen and not recovered, or damaged beyond repair, we would deduce the excess from the money we give you to replace the car.